I wanted to record some of the social media related steps I’ve needed to take, since leaving the University of Warwick:
1) Start a new blog here on WordPress because I was using Warwick’s own blogging platform. I’ve got a lot to learn about how WordPress works and I’m yet to add information “about me” and to learn about its features: as I do learn, I shall blog about it. (Aside: I find it amusing that the spell-checker here can’t recognise “blog” or “blogging” or even “WordPress”!)
2) Edit Twitterfeed to stop picking up on my old blog and start picking up on this one. Twitterfeed is one account that I forgot to update with my personal e-mail address before I left Warwick, but fortunately I remembered the password. Phew!
3) Install the Evernote web clipper onto my Chrome browser on my home computer.
4) Install the Diigo bookmarklet on my home computer.
5) Add Hootsuite as a homepage tab on my browser. (I also need to revise the settings for e-mails and texts from both Twitter and Hootsuite, and to generally clean this account up!)
6) Change my job title status on LinkedIn, and I need to edit the text all about me there, too.
So there is a lot still to do!